Monday, December 6, 2010

Like a Daddy loves his baby girl....

I have just finished reading How He loves me, a book about how much God loves you and how he rejoices of you, and is so proud of you, and He loves you just like a daddy loves his little baby girl....
This has been so hard for me to understand. I mean, yes, I have a father, and he still lives with me, and I am thankful for that, but we don't have a relationship.
I don't know what it feels like to be loved so much where it is the most precious thing in the world to me. I don't have a dad who rejoices over me, is proud of what I do, and at times, I wonder if he really even loves me...
I am finding out that this hurt is going way deeper than what I have ever expect....I am thinking that tomorrow or within the next few days, I am going to seek someone out, and talk about this.
I want to know that God loves me, but this idea of Him loving me just as much as a daddy does his little girl is making it hard for me to understand. The only male relationship that I have had is one that has made me feel insecure, unloved, and not worthy. I want to know that God loves me, but how can I when me only relationship with my dad here is one that I don't see any connection to the way that God loves me and looks at me....

No comments:

Post a Comment