Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day Three

I have been trying to find out the different places in my life where I feel like God is leading me to pay more attention to and rework, and reflect on that part of my life.
Today, I have found myself thinking a lot about the way I am as a person. I have so many things that are going on inside but never really take the time to work through all of them. Then, the smallest little things happen, and it sets everything off. I am crabby, and closed off, and I tend to shut down to the world.
I noticed this today, and I need to work on my glory giving area of my life. I need to give God all of the glory for the good things that are happening, and not let myself get in the way. I am so focused on the negative, and looking for a reason to be upset with myself, that I forget that I am living my life for God, and that He is the one who should be getting all of the glory for what is happening in my life.
I believe that college is a time of change and finding out who you are and who you want to be. Mostly, I feel like we find out who we are by the friendships that we form. I have been trying to work on that, and I feel like it is time for me to branch out, and accept that I do have a problem, that I need to have accountability for, and let people in.
I love being able to get to know people, but I never give them the opportunity to get to know me or what or who I am really am. I am going to work on many things over the next few days, and I feel like giving up the complete control and letting God do all of the work, that I will find it freeing and I am going to be more willing to share with others what God has for me to do.
Well, I am guessing it is going to have to start with the close relationships that I have formed. Letting them all know that no, I am not happy all of the time, and yes, I am human. I fall, I have hurts, and I do ache for my past.
God is calling me at this moment to let go, and that is exactly what I have to do. Tomorrow I will begin to open up and share my story with those around me that are close, and be willing to be more open with them.

God, grant me the peace that I am needing inside me to do this. Give me the strength to be vulnerable to these people, and to let them in. I ask that you get all of the glory for everything that I do, now and forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment